What is mean by two kingdom system of classification? We know that there is a difference in their nutrition, behaviour, structure and physical appearance. The Biodiversity of the earth is enormous. let’s discuss in detail the two kingdom system of classification are as under;-
TWO KINGDOM SYSTEM OF CLASSIFICATION
Carolus Linnaeus(1758) divided all the living organisms into two kingdoms.
- kingdom Plantae
- kingdom Animalia
This kingdom includes bacteria(Prokaryotes), chemical action plants and non – photosynthetic fungi. The characteristic options of this kingdom are:
- Plants have branches, asymmetrical body with inexperienced leaves.
- Plants area unit non-motile and stuck in a very place.
- Throughout the daytime plants, a lot of action involved in chemical action than in respiration and thus take a lot of carbonic acid gas and liberate O2 night O2 is taken in and carbonic acid gas is liberated.
- They’re flora in their mode of nutrition since they synthesize their own food.
- Plants have growing points that have unlimited growth.
- expelling system and system area unit absent.
- Reserve food material is starch.
- Cells have a semipermeable membrane. Cells have a beer cavum. Plant cells lack cytoplasm and they could have inorganic crystals.
- replica takes place with facilitate of agents like air, water and insects.
- An asexual and vegetative technique of replica is additionally not uncommon.
- KINGDOM ANIMALIA
This kingdom includes animate thing protozoans and multi-cellular animals or metazoans. they’re characterised by
- The definite form of the body and absence of branches.
- Ability to manoeuvre from place to put.
- throughout day and night absorb O2 and unharness carbonic acid gas i.e solely respiration takes place and there’s no chemical action.
- holozoic mode of nutrition since no chlorophylls gift and thus they are heterotrophs.
- Growth is restricted to animals. Growth stops when attaining a selected size and age.
- expelling system and system area unit well developed.Reserve food material is a polysaccharide.
- Lacks semipermeable membrane. they need tiny vacuoles. Centrosomes area unit gift.
- Cells don’t have inorganic crystals.
- Animals don’t depend upon any external agents for amphimixis.
- Regeneration of body components and agamogenesis is found solely in lower organisms.
LIMITATIONS OF TWO KINGDOM SYSTEM OF CLASSIFICATION
The two kingdom system of Classification projected by Linnaeus has been in use for a long time. however, later it tested to be inadequate and unsatisfactory in the sight of latest information and discoveries about the lower varieties of organisms. the subsequent area unit the shortcomings of the two.
KINGDOM SYSTEM OF CLASSIFICATION.
- sure organisms share the characteristics of each plant and animals. eg. Euglena and Sponges. In Euglena, some species have pigment and area unit flora like plants. but like animals, they are obsessed with an associate degree external offer of vitamins B, and B12 that they cannot synthesize themselves. some species of protozoon lack chloroplasts and area unit so colourless and non-photosynthetic (heterotrophic). They have a saprotrophic mode of nutrition, effecting extra-cellular digestion. Other colourless forms ingest tiny food particles and carry out intracellular digestion (holozoic nutrition). If inexperienced species of protozoon area unit unbroken in darkness they lose their chloroplasts and become colourless and survive saprotrophically. Chloroplasts come once the organisms area unit came to light. protozoon is additionally characterised by the presence of associate degree pigment astaxanthin within the eyespot.
- Fungi area unit a bunch of organisms that have options of their own. They lack pigment. they’re heterotrophic like animals. they’re placed along with inexperienced plants.
- several primitive organisms like bacterium didn’t match into either class and organisms like slime moulds area unit amoeboid, however, type mature bodies similar to fungi.
- The standing of virus whether or not they reside or non-living could be a purpose of discussion even today. For of these reasons, the two hundred and fifty years recent botanist system of classifying organisms into two rigid teams animals and plants is taken into account highly absolute and artificial.