The Most Important English Mcqs which are used in every type of competitive examination is stated as under;-
FILL IN THE BLANKS BY SUITABLE PREPOSITION:
- He is indebted ___________________ his friend for a large sum.
(A) To (B) For
(C) By (D) With
- He was indifferent to all the good counsels of his parents and so got________ trouble.
(A) With (B) By
(C) In (D) On
- I saw a man on the roadside ____________ looked like my uncle.
(A) That (B) Who
(C) Whom (D) Which
- He is so impatient with good advice that I despair _____ making any impression on him.(A) On (B) Off
(C) In (D) Of
- She could not arrive ___________ any conclusion.
(A) At (B) On
(C) In (D) Upon
- We are accountable _____________God for our actions.
(A) In (B) To
(C) With (D) On.
- I am sick _________ heart.
(A) By (B) To
(C) In (D) At
8. His thirst ________ knowledge left him no leisure for anything else.
(A) In (B) With
(C) For (D) Over
- __________________ is a person who dabbles in art and letters.
(A) Philistine (B) Dilettante
(C) Chauvinist (D) Connoisseur
- I shall not act ____________ compulsion. (A) Under (B) In
(C) Over (D) With
- He will not apologize for _________ you for what he did, as he acted in good faith.
(A) With (B) For
(C) To (D) By
- I am famous __________ honesty whereas Javed is notorious for dishonesty.
(A) For (B) In
(C) To (D) Upon
- She is quite hopeful ___________ success in the examination.
(A) For (B) To
(C) From (D) Of
- To love our country, to be interested ___________its concerns is natural to all men.
(A) Of (B) In
(C) On (D) Over
- As the market becomes ___________ competitive, some companies will make larger and larger profits.
(A) More (B) Fully
(C) Very (D) Well
- Faraz was married ___________ a rich family.
(A) To (B) With
(C) Of (D) In
- In his autobiography he refers ___________ his abhorrence from animal diet.
(A)To (B) Over
(C) For (D) In
- I can see _________ your game.
(A)On (B) To
(C) At (D) Through
- Our tragic experience in the recent past provides an index _________ the state of in lawlessness in this region.
(A) Over (B) In
(C) Of (D) To
- Ali has been ill ____________ Monday last.
(A) From (B) For
(C) Since (D) By
- What are you anxious ________________?
(A) For (B) About
(C) Of (D) Upon
- I take much delight __________ long walks.
(A) In (B) By
(C) For (D) Of
- Father distributed the money _____________ Faraz and Rashid.
(A) Among (B) Between
(C) In (D) At
24. He wondered ________________ he had last his money.
(A) That (B) At
(C) For (D) If